Parents and professionals alike should know some of the Acronyms used by the younger set (and increasingly the older set as well!) so that you can communicate effectively online. It may also give you a head's up if you are a parent as to what your child is doing, when they think that you don't.
From AOII's To Dragma...Top TEN ACRONYMS TO KNOW:
1. POS: Parent Over Shoulder
2. LMIRL: Let's Meet in Real Life
3. NAZ: Name, Address, Zip Code?
4. WYRN: What is Your Real Name?
5. ASL: Age, Sex, Location
6. F2F: Face to Face
7. S2R: Send to Receive (Pictures)
8. PIR: Parent in Room
9. P911: Parent Emergency
10. PRW: Parents are Watching
I am sure there are plenty of variations as well (WIR: Wife in Room etc.)...
You can see more at www.noslang.com